Stirling's Halloween Parade Saturday 2 November 2019
Please read the list of Terms & Conditions below carefully:
- Tickets for the Lantern Parade are free and are available on eventbrite.co.uk
- There will be no parking available on Broad Street from 12.00pm to 8.30pm. Blue badge parking is available at the Old Town Jail on a first-come basis but please note that Spittal Street will be closed to traffic from 5.30pm to 8.30pm so any cars parked in this car park will be unable to leave until after 8.30pm. Details of public transport and car parks are available from stirling.gov.uk and www.travelinescotland.com
- No alcohol allowed. Random bag searches will be in operation by official stewards.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Please be aware that parade route is uphill and some of the route is over cobblestones.
- Pets are allowed but must be on a leash at all times. Please be aware that there will be Halloween lighting and special effects which may alarm some animals and very small children.
- No unaccompanied minors (under 18s) permitted.
Detailed timings and traffic management measures for local residents and businesses:
The parade will set off from Port Street at 5.30pm, and make its way to Broad Street, which will then be the focus for street theatre performances and light projections
Parking bays will be suspended in Broad Street from 12 noon until 9pm and ‘lift and shift’ will be in place with any cars in the bays after 12 noon being moved to Forthside.
Alternative parking for residents in Zone 24 is available in St Mary’s Wynd as this is also Zone 24. Users of the disabled bay in Broad Street can use any pay and display in the nearby streets without payment or limit of time. Spittal Street and Baker Street permit holders can use Dalgliesh Court car park or Corn Exchange Road while the road closures are in effect.
From 5.30pm to 8.30pm the one way system from the junction of Bank Street to the point where it meets St John Street and traffic management will be in place to allow business and resident only access and it will also be suspended from the point from Spitttal Street to the junction of St John Street cul-de-sac.
Via Bank Street, Baker Street, King Street, Corn Exchange Road, Albert Place, Dumbarton Road West, Raploch Road, Back O’Hill road, Lower Bridge Street, Upper Bridge Street, St Mary’s Wynd.
For exiting Stirling Castle – via Upper Castlehill, Ballengeich, Raploch Road.